Re: Minimalist equipment

Hi This is Yoshi.

At 2001/05/07 12:48:56 G0MRF@aol.com wrote:
> The Yagi was quoted as 13dBi by Tonna so I guess that's about 73 W  ERP
> referenced to a dipole.  Pretty good...

  That was true! At 21:03z, even that was MA=149 and 59,000km away, I got
my loop signals at 419-539 with less than 100W EIRP of U-band uplink.
I cannot understand why some of stations used so much high-power...
  I was afraid about the interfare from signals of of Japanese illegal
435MHz tracker-mobile, but luckly it was not so much. Maybe most of them
was busy to fight with their sleepy driving :-( 21:03z was 6:03 local
time Hi.

> As a bonus I managed to work JA6BX and 4X1AS later in the orbit. Great fun!

  If my shack had faced to west, Maybe I could work with you Hi.

Yoshihiro Imaishi JF6BCC/KH2GR
GL:PM53JV, ex KC6IY(T88IY),V63BP
mailto:jf6bcc@jarl.com or jf6bcc@jamsat.or.jp
<http://plaza16.mbn.or.jp/~palau/> Sorry, Japanese only now.