Transystems Modifications

Hi Guys,

Yesterday I modified a Transystems downconverter by bypassing the input
filter and installing a Murata 2.4 GHz filter at the second filter location.
The results are really really good. The noise is lower and the selectivity
is also greatly improved. The old filter configuration let the image in
which would add 3 dB of noise to the converter. A picture of the
modification is below:

http://www.ozoni.com/n4ip/tsmod.jpg

Other pictures at :

http://www.ozoni.com/n4ip

Now I am in the process of replacing the LO by a 282MHz TCXO x 8 multiplier.

This thing will outperform my other homebrew converter if I am not careful
:)

73's

Pieter N4IP