Re: Primer for finding your signal on AO-40

From:           	"Bruce Paige" <kk5do@arrl.net>
To:             	amsat-bb@AMSAT.Org
Date sent:      	Sun, 6 May 2001 10:58:26 -0500
Subject:        	[amsat-bb] Primer for finding your signal on AO-40
Send reply to:  	kk5do@arrl.net

> The transponders are "inverting". This means TX on LSB and RX on USB.
> There have been some ops that are confused with this and are using USB on
> the RX and LSB on the TX. Not that you can't do it but the standard is TX
> on LSB and RX on USB. Here again, operating experience.

The transponders are "inverting". This means TX on LSB and RX on USB.
There have been some ops that are confused with this and are using USB on
the ***TX*** and LSB on the ***RX***. Not that you can't do it but the standard is TX
on LSB and RX on USB. Here again, operating experience.

okay....the correct text is marked with the *** *** above. my mistake on that.

73...bruce

Bruce Paige, KK5DO                    Internet: kk5do@arrl.net
Houston, Texas                                  kk5do@amsat.org
AMSAT Awards Manager                            kk5do@amsatnet.com
Houston AMSAT Net - Tuesday, 8PM CST on W0KIE Satcom C3, T24, 7.5Mhz
Visit SHOT http://www.clarc.org/shot