Re: Primer for finding your signal on AO-40

From:           	Mike73@aol.com
Date sent:      	Sun, 6 May 2001 17:15:30 EDT
Subject:        	Re: [amsat-bb] Primer for finding your signal on AO-40
To:             	kk5do@arrl.net, amsat-bb@amsat.org

> In a message dated 5/6/01 12:03:53 PM Eastern Daylight Time, kk5do@arrl.net
> writes:
>
> Hi Bruce,
> Good solid information! A couple of quick things.....
>
> > The transponders are "inverting". This means TX on LSB and RX on USB.
> >  There have been some ops that are confused with this and are using USB on the
> >  RX and LSB on the TX. Not that you can't do it but the standard is TX
> on
> >  LSB and RX on USB. Here again, operating experience.
>
> In the second sentence I believe you meant TX on USB and RX on LSB???

no, i did mean tx on lsb and rx on usb. that is how everyone that was on the
irc was doing it and that is how we always did it on ao-10 and ao-13. is there
a new format now that ao-40 is in the air?

i didn't know about the undocumented feature. that's great.

73...bruce

Bruce Paige, KK5DO                    Internet: kk5do@arrl.net
Houston, Texas                                  kk5do@amsat.org
AMSAT Awards Manager                            kk5do@amsatnet.com
Houston AMSAT Net - Tuesday, 8PM CST on W0KIE Satcom C3, T24, 7.5Mhz
Visit SHOT http://www.clarc.org/shot