AMSAT support for Operation On Target on Sat., 7/21/200 1!

AMSAT Members,

If ever there was a chance to show HAM radio to kids, this is it.  Since
we have plenty of warning, could we designate 21 July as KIDS SATELLIITE
DAY?  This includes making sure that ISS is in digipeater mode to relay
positions between mountain-top-groups.  Also notice that ANYONE WITH A
MIRROR can participate, not just SCOUTS!  Take your own youth group to
your own  mountain!  WOW, Kids of the world unite!

Ham radio will provide the glue!  (and take FRS along too! get everyone on
the air!)      de WB4APR, Bob

On Sun, 6 May 2001 n7tek@amsat.org asked: