wkd AO-40 QRP !

I was able to work AO-40 today with real qrp conditions. Here is my setup:

Uplink 70cm
FT 790 RII with 2 Watts (no PA !)
3 meters Aircell 7
9 element Yagi antenna with about 11dBi linear polarized
that gives an eirp of about 25 Watts !

Downlink 13cm
35cm dish with coffee can feed linear polarized
DB6NT preamp 35 dB NF < 1dB
5 meters Aircell 7
AR-5000

With this setup I was able to hear my own signal very weak, but readable in
SSB.

I worked two-way in SSB:
F6GBQ, rpt 55/41 at MA 230 / Squint 6 degrees / 28k km range
DL6DBN, rpt 55/43 at MA 235 / Squint 12 degrees / 24k km range

And the satellite had between 10 and 15 dB down (AGC level on the U-RX) all
the time!

Beside my transponder testing I got 603 CRC OK blocks today.

Best 73s and hope to work you all on AO-40,
Andy, oe1dmb, Vienna, Austria