Re: Survey: L and S minimums

Ed and Group for the Record.

Uplink. - Yaesu FT-847 (50 watts max) feeding 40 feet of LMR-400 Ultraflex
into a 8x8 element Yagi RHCP Only.
.
Downlink - 3 Foot BBQ Dish with integrated TranSystem down converter (A3373,
I did cut the stub) feeding 40 feet of RG-6 to a Conifer Power inserter
followed by a 10 dB attenuator in front of the FT-847 at 123 MHz.

I heard some good signals and the beacon was very loud (S7 my radio reads S0
with no signal).  My downlink never moved the meter.  Interesting to note
taking out the 10 dB pad bumps my S-meter up 4 S units (so much for 6 dB per
S unit!!)

I worked kb8vao, ve3frh, w7id, n6ors, ve3bcg, ac9r, and swled many more (yes
I heard you Maggie).

As we learn to fly the bird it will be neat to see things improve.  I know
the original final orbit is pretty much out of reach now,  I think I will
wait and see what developes before changing much of anything..  I know the
plan next is to complete attitude adjustments and then raise the perigee.
Afterwards maybe they will lower the apogee a bit.  If we have full control
there is no reason to leave the bird out so far, is there?

73,
Joe
ka0yos@amsat.org