Re: Alan Shepard anniversary

Hi Guys,

My daughter gave me the book several months ago.  I met him in Dallas at an
Alumni meeting.  It was on the same day as the tragic Apollo module fire at
the Cape.  While he was giving his talk, we didn't know that the fire had
happened, but he had already heard about it and completed the talk, leaving
immediately afterward for the Cape.  We were told after he left, what had
happened.  The book, "Moon Shot", tells this a bit differently, but he did
stay until he completed the talk all the time knowing what had happened.  I
wrote the author about the discrepancy, but never got a reply.

--
73, Roy

Internet: w0sl@amsat.org