Re: Survey: L and S minimums Rabbit ears

Its aweful good to be able to hear way down into the noise on AO40 (9ft
dish)
could always find my pea whistle 8 turn helix with 35 watts to it.....
couldnt detect my vertical beam pointed to horizon at all, didnt try an
omni...
And you say its still offpointed 60 degrees or so? I did notice the spin mod
of 8 db or so as it came down from apogee about ma150 or so thats typical of
high offpoints but
it was really slower than after the burn incident.
I was maybe 10db below the beacon....got a bit better as it approaced 49000
km then
I got 80% quieting FM from my uplink when I switched everything over to
FM...
I never got a valid matrix telemetry frame was it on the UHF gain
antenna........
Really wasnt an inadequate satellite even as it is but my ears were ringing
from
all the noise I was blasting in here.
more details at http://members.home.com/nn0v

> Hi ED,
>

> 1. Meyers dish, Drake with minimum mods, home brew pre-amp, 75 ft of
RG-6.
> I need to attenuate the signal about 10dB. more....
>
> 2. Cushcraft "Boomer" 42 EL, FT-736R with muTec kit. 25 watts. To match
the
> MB I would have had to put the amp in line.....May put the brick up for
> sale....
>
> I'm new to mode "S" but I find that it's easy.   I wish now I had gone to
> mode S on AO-13......
>
> I did noticed that sometimes the signals would fade a little. Was fun to
> listen to guys looking for their downlink......
>
> Chris, NN0V was my first contact at 09:57 UTC. 55,000km range.  Jerry,
K5OE