AO-40 First Day San Francisco Area

At 0500 PDT (1200 UTC) I turned on the rig. WOW the beacon was S7 and
Multiple SSB and CW signals were available.  After some work finding
my signal, I was successful on 1 SSB and 3 CW contacts.  Stations
worked were AC9R, W4NUS, W5ACM and W7AM.

What a thrill to once again work via Oscar.  Many thanks to the
Command Team.

My setup starts with a 60 cm solid dish at 1.5 Meter height rotated in
Az with rope. The feed is a 3 turn helix at the prime focus with a HB
Pre Amp feeding a DEM 2400 Receive converter to an IC706MKIIG.  For
transmit I used the FT736 and an 18 element 435 Horizontally polarized
beam AZ/EL aimable.  My downlink signals were weaker than I expected
but Q5 at all times.

Steve, K2IYQ, CM88