Re: More AO-40

Great fun hear too and great to work Mike again on a hi orbiter

RX - 4 foot home brew dish with 5 turn helix feed into DE preamp
and converter.

1.2 TX FT-736R 10 watts into 40 ft Aircom and RG8 into home
brew 23 turn helix.  At 50k out my sigs came back at about
1/2 my 70 cm uplink. But by 40k out they increased to equal
to 70cm.  I then pulled the plug and went to local ham flee
market and did a lot of bragging. Hi Hi. Generated a lot of
interest.

I have a home brew signal band scope.  Only near the end
of my operating at about 11:30 UTC did I see a couple of
signals that were exceeding the beacon.

73 Clare VE3NPC

"""I got on at 0820 UTC and made my first U/s contact with Clare, VE3NPC.
AO-40
was 57,000 km+ away from me at the time. S downlink was S2-3. I continued to
make more contacts including several L/s tests. I could clearly hear my
downlink at 55,000 km. At 51,000 km VE3NPC and I completed an L/s contact on
both ends. Thanks again Clare! From there on in, it only got better.

73,
Mike, N1JEZ"""