RE: AO-40: First uplink trial disappointing.....

Robert

My findings from the UK were very similar to yourself in Germany except I
couldn't get a downlink at all.

RX:	30 turn RHCP helix, telemetry fine, and could hear a number of stations

TX:	L-Band: 70W 20 turn RHCP Helix no downlink (note: only 20W at antenna)

	U-Band: 175W 10x10 ele RHCP Helix no downlink (note: only 80W at antenna)

I did hear three European stations, but only an I8 station was what you
might call 'strong'.

I think Europe's turn will be tomorrow when maybe the uplink antennas may be
pointing better towards us.

73 Howard G6LVB