AiDC-3733

Hello to all,
I am using an  AiDC-3733 converter mounted at a 80 cm dish, but I hear
nothing from AO-40 beacon.
I neither can hear the sun's noise. I am wondering why. The supply voltage
is only 12 Volts. Should it be higher? In the data sheet is more than 15
Volts noted.
How many dB noise could I expect from the sun relative to the noise from
other directions?
I wanted to use the sun's signal to find the exact focus of the dish.
Thanks in advance.
Albrecht von Hessberg DF 9 LC