SWL report from AO-40

No uplink here, but thought I would report signals heard from
Charlotte, NC from12:00Z on.
WD4FAB DICK in QSO with W3PM GENE...very strong
signals here guys using the Drake converter with only minor mods and the
Bar-b-que dish.

Also W4MVB, W0OQC, W7ID,-JEFF,AC9R, KC9RV, W5ALM, W4WSR-OTT,
W3SZ, W5VZF, K3VKB, W4SM-STACEY, K3XS-MAGGIE, W4WSR, N8DEU,
W4MVB, W5ACM,  any many more...too many to write by after tuning for awhile.
All stations were Q5 and most signals pretty strong with the DRAKE.

Wonder if I should put in the HP replacement transistor on the DRAKE 2880?
So far, replaced xtal for output 145.00mHz, removed 2 coils and caps.  Added
the two 22 pF caps...Would replacing the transistor give me lower noise?
Anyone want to comment on the difference?  Hate to start hacking up a fair
converter and end out with nothing better, or maybe worse.

de Bill Richarz
AMSAT # 32372
Charlotte, NC