Re: ISS Objects Was: ISS over Mexico

Wouldn't it be better if stations that push ISS objects through the ISS
would update their keps automatically, especially unattended stations?

During this pass we got to see two different objects representing the
ISS:

> W3ADO>AP28,NOCALL*: <<UI>>:
> ;ISS_ 122 *041313z2747.92N\08733.77WS042/999/at 041313z

> WA6LIE>APRK27,NOCALL*: <UI>:
> ;ISS_ 124 *041444z2332657N\11509.72WS040/999/Position  at 041444z

On a side note, if the object names were identical shouldn't the first
station stop transmitting the ISS object when it receives an object with
the same name from a different station?

According to the APRS spec:

<quote>
A fundamental precept of APRS is that any station may take over the
reporting responsibility for an APRS Object or Item, by simply
transmitting a
new report with the same Object/Item name.

The replacement report may specify the existing location or a new
location.

The original station will cease transmitting an Object/Item Report when
it
sees an incoming report with the same name from another station.
</quote>

73,
--Alex