Re: Mode-S 435MHz downconverter?

Gary Mayfield <gary_mayfield@hotmail.com> wrote:

>I am under the impression the Drake and the TranSystem
>can move to 430 MHz as easily as 144 MHz...

   2400 - (256 * 7.68) = 433.92

Use an off-the-shelf (i.e. cheap) 7.68 MHz microprocessor
clock crystal. Digi-Key p/n 300-6016-ND fits perfectly
in a 2880 and is currently listed for the princely sum
of 88 cents in onesies and twosies.

The LO frequency is outside of the VCO's original tuning
range, so you need to solder in a capacitor. Big deal.

>Also, if I remember correstly AMSAT-UK has a kit.

Look for the G0MRF kit. There are others.