Re: HD HELP!!!!

At 12:13 PM 5/4/01 -0400, you wrote:
>This may be a bit off topic but....... I lost my HD with all my ao40
>programs on it. The problem seems to be the contoller board that is
>bolted onto the drive. I have to heat the board to get it to work. The
>data on the drive seems to be in OK condition. Sooooo the question is
>does anyone have a defunct Western Digital Caviar 3420 HD laying around
>that they would be willing to part with its control card?
>The model info is:
>MDL AC34200-23LB
>CCC BO 15Oct97
>DCM CRCCKWGOABK
>
>--
>Bill
>WA2TQI

What's wrong with connecting the drive outside the case with a good one
inside the machine, doing a reformat/reinstall on the new one, and warming
up the old one so you can get it to mount long enough to transfer your data
off of it?  Sounds a sight less risky than swapping controller cards ..

         Bruce Bostwick  mailto:lihan@ccwf.cc.utexas.edu