Re Toko filters

In a message dated 5/3/01 8:03:22 AM GMT Daylight Time,
owner-AMSAT-BB-digest@AMSAT.Org writes:

<< The current Digi-Key catalog lists a pair of dielectric filters by Toko
for
 2450 MHZ, with a plus or minus 50 MHZ passband.  This puts it right on 2400
 MHZ at the lower limit, with response to 2500 MHZ -- the low side LO and
 image will be way down through one of these.  The 2 pole filter measures .5"
 X .5" X .2" and is small enough to easily replace the stripline filter in
the
 AIDC 3733 and most other downconverters.

 A dielectric filter uses a ceramic dielectric that has been plated to form a
 small internal cavity/tuned line and they are not readily tunable.  I
haven't
 tried them yet, I am just going by the spec's.

 The Digi-Key part numbers are:
 2 POLE FILTER --- TKS 2610CT-ND @ $13.92 each.
 3 POLE FILTER --- TKS 2618CT-ND @ $20.88 each.

Wow that's some price Bob. Have a look at the type listed below and see if
there's much difference. I buy these in 100 offs and pass on the saving. I
can confirm that they work very well at 2400 and have a low insetion loss.

www.g0mrf.freeserve.co.uk/kits.htm.   2 pole filter  TDF2A -2450-10  $ 6.00
As used in the Drake modification.

But sadly out of stock for 1 month which means I'll miss the opportunity of
bringing some to Dayton in a couple of weeks.

BTW.  I discovered a while back that here in Europe, the new Third Generation
mobile phone system will have an allocation at the image frequency of a
typical 2.4GHz converter.  (2400 - 288MHz) We may all be adding extra filters
over here soon.

73

David  G0MRF