Re: Field Day Hopes

Drew Glasbrenner <glasbrenner@mindspring.com> wrote:

>Why not plan on FO20 and FO29? Here are two under utilized
>LEOs with 100khz of bandwidth, wide coverage (for a LEO),
>and loud enough to work with the right omni antenna and a
>preamp.

I'm satellite captain for our club's Field Day station,
and plan to get our satellite bonus (under the ARRL rules)
on one of RS-12, FO-20 or FO-29. Everything else is gravy.

We'll be in a pretty public place and some demonstrations
will be in order. Digital sats? AO-40? Weather sats? OK,
I know, they're not amateur satellites and they don't
exist for Field Day, but they make a great public demo.
We'll have radios and ample computer gear.

Dunno...