From: "David Rush" <ky0dr@arrl.net>
To: <amsat-bb@AMSAT.Org>
Sent: Wednesday, May 02, 2001 3:21 PM
Subject: [amsat-bb] Field Day Hopes

> To those more experienced than I (read: just about everyone on this list):
>
> A friend and I are attempting to assemble a satellite station for Field
Day this year.  We've got my FT736R and a 100 watt brick for 70cm.

> At a minimum, I've got an Arrow Antenna on order which hopefully will soon
be riding around my hometown in a big brown truck.  With that we
> hope to at least contribute to the Field Day pileups on AO27 and/or UO14.
>
> I've done some orbital predictions on Field Day for AO-10 - there's one
9-hour pass for our location (northeast Kansas) that peaks at a
> whopping 5 degree elevation.  Any bets on whether AO-10 will be in the
mood to play?  We're resurrecting a 10+10 element CP yagi for 2m
> from a junk pile, and plan to check out a used 20+20 element CP yagi for
70cm tonight.

> Do we have a snowball's chance of success on AO-10?
>
> We'll need to build some sort of manual az-el mount for the antennas
(anybody got any good home-brew elevation

> I've got a Drake (as of yet unmodified) and an old 60 cm dish just begging
for a 2.4 GHz feed to be made, in the hopes that AO-40 might be