Re: Alan Shepard anniversary

I had the honor to meet Alan Shepard a couple of years
ago and got from him a personally signed copy of his and
Deke Slayton's book "Moon Shot" (ISBN 1-878685-54-6)...

 A must read!!!!

I don't remember which year, but it was STS-68 Landing day.
I had a VIP pass to see the landing, but it landed at Edward's
base due to bad weather in Florida.  But I was very lucky to
unexpectedly meet Alan Shepard that day and so I was not
disappointed.

Well, I haven't counted how many times and how many weeks I
spent in Orlando at the P3D lab over all these years, but I
never had the luck to see *any* Space Shuttle launch or landing.

Ah, my record with Ariane was *much* better last year, 4 Ariane-4
launches and 2 Ariane-5 launches.. and all in one row  :)

73s Peter DB2OS