Re: 2401 MHz beacon advice

Bob:

I seem to recall that Sam from Philips-Tech told me the
focal point was 14". That's just about where my dipole is.
The reflector is attached. Perhaps the reflector should be
at 14"? Or not there at all? We are expecting a signal
source from DEM this week. Then we will run some tests to
see where it plays the best.

I've had no trouble with ao40rcv but my laptop is a 433 Mhz
celeron, and it seems to keep up just fine. Occasionally, it
seems to lose its place and stick halfway through a block
decode, but then it picks up again. It's hard to tell if
this is a computer or receive problem.

Art

--
Art Goldman