Re: keeping connections reliable with DEOXIT

I am a big fan of DEOXIT D5 from Caig Laboratories for cleaning and
preserving contacts in relays and pots.  It works wonders.  If I remember
correctly it began life more than 25 or 30 years ago as Red Cramolin (or
some such name).  My memory (which isn't too good these days) tells me
that the company was then located in NJ or NY.

In addition to the cleaning process for the azmiuth pot in my old TR-44
rotor I also coat the surface very lightly with silicon grease (we used
to call it Dow Corning but every body makes it now).  Without the
treatment a new pot in the rotor would begin to be intermittent in one
month or less.  With the coating the only intermittent point I have now
after three years is in the SE direction where the rotor almost  goes.

73 de Jess - W4MVB