Corroded antennas

Here is one for the experts.

Living near the bay, most antennas are covered with a white almost sandy
corrosion layer.  As routine maintenance, I occassionally re-do the
connections and polish the metal-to-metal contact areas (to avoid RF
mixing products), but I never thought much about the aluminum element.
Hey, its still a conductor...

Ah, but what about the skin effect?  If the RF is actually flowing only on
the "outside" of the conductor, then maybe this crud level could be
affecting my performance through I-squared-R losses in the "skin"..

Has anyone seen an analysis of element corrosion on skin effect?

de WB4APR@amsat.org, Bob