Re: Type N connectors question for the experts.

These N-connectors while easy to install are only rated up to about 2 or 3
GHz.  They are not as good at higher frequencies as the "standard" N
connector.

I have them and other than having difficulty with 9913 solid (center
conductor just barely fits and any bend or deformation will make it
unusable.) they work great.

You can get them from Cable Experts (www.cablexperts.com).

73,

Jon
NA9D

on 4/30/01 7:02 AM, Ken Freedman at n1qqv@cshore.com wrote:

>> They are great!  They are mechanically FAR better than the clamp style N
>> connectors, and in my opinion, much easier to install.
>

> OK Gang, enuff teasing!  How about manufacturer, part number and sources
> for these little marvels??

Jon Ogden
NA9D (ex: KE9NA)

Member:  ARRL, AMSAT, DXCC, NRA