RE: TNC Software

> THis way, you are learning all about how it works, and learning how to
> operate it independently of any one brand of bell-and-whistle
> software....
> and then you can operate it any where, any time, on any PC.

Or even with a dumb terminal...  Wouldn't be the first time I've done that.
:)  I agree, learn to drive the machine first, then you can add the bells
and whistles.  It's like Windows with its modem drivers.  I feel "cut off"
from the modem, much prefer to tweak AT commands by hand. :)

Of course, when doing advanced functions, KISS mode with the appropriate
software running is a more flexible option...