Re: MoRe: SETI on home network & multiple machines

Hello Peter,

There do not appear to be versions for DOS or Win 3.11.  It appears to
require a minimum of 32 MB of RAM.

I am running the Linux version, but the others work similarly
in that they download the data from the internet and save the status
and results each minute, so that when re-starting it picks up from
where it last left off.

You would run the program on each machine and each would be working on
a different unit.  When a unit is completed, which takes several hours
on a fast computer and many tens of hours on a slow one, the results
are returned and another unit is downloaded for processing.  The
program only runs when the screensaver becomes active (the Linux
version doesn't have a screensaver but runs all the time with a very
low priority on CPU access, so it sleeps when other tasks are active.)

The instructions included with the program (also available on the
web site) should answer some of your questions, as well.

73,

Bob, N7XY

--
Bob Nielsen, N7XY                          nielsen@oz.net