Re: [ANNOUNCE] KTelemetryDemod-0.9 and QTelemetryView-0.9

"Margaret Leber (K3XS)" wrote:

> Mike Murphree wrote:
>
> > Then you should take a look at FreeBSD 4.3-RELEASE.  After an
> > extended release cycle, it is an extraordinary OS this time around.
> > Of course, they had a bit of history to preserve...
>
> ooof! I think not. Note the Whitehead quote in my .sigfile. It pains me to admit
> that right now RH7.1 looks like the sweet-spot for me; KDE2 and kernel 2.4 both.
> I might even get decent support for my motherboard-native sound chip out of the
> deal.

If you have a high speed internet connection , you may want to try Linux
Mandrake 8.0 , as they have always been ahead of the curve ( imho )as
far as being setup for non-super geeks ( like me ) and this version uses
kde2.1 and kernel 2.4x , I just finished a download of the iso's and am
going to burn this weekend and then "upgrade" just so I can try Jens
neat software .....

didn't know that there was a RH 7.1 , I have the 7.0 iso's , but didn't
like the dumb installation (didn't recognize my sound or eth0 ) ,
Mandrake has 'em beat as far as configuration , they have always
detected and setup my hardware ok every time or with very little of my
effort , you should give it a try , and they have excellent support
group , checkout http://www.mandrakeforum.com or
http://www.linux-mandrake.com/en , great stuff .......

sorry for the shameless plug , I just couldn't help it after seeing Jens
listing about his demod 'prog for kde-2x .....

--
Douglas Cole   N7BFS
AMSAT#26182 , K2 # 544