Re: Reliability of LNA's

Jon Ogden <jono@enteract.com> wrote:

>The ERA series is not a plug-in replacement for the MAR
>series. Trust me, I sell these devices for a living (I
>didn't mention that before). True, the devices are very
>similar but some of the paramaters are different and the
>bias conditions/currents may be as well. Caveat emptor.

True, the ERA-series are not a drop-in replacement.

However, there is a well-documented update to the Downeast
Microwave converters. Steve N2CEI did a paper at Microwave
Update '96, and it's on the DEM web site. Most of the MMICs
get changed to ERA-series, except for the RF input, which
gets changed to MGA86576 and a little piece of wire. The
paper is on DEM's web site at:

http://www.downeastmicrowave.com/upgrade.htm

Steve sells kits of the necessary bits.