RE: ISS Packet Experiment

Hello Bob, you are rigth, the link below is very great for APRS experiment.
Not only ISS stations are present on the map.
Infact if you look in the raw packet there are many stations also via IGate.
It's necessary to have, during the pass of ISS, one station with a IGate
connection for translate the RX packet.
I have many times transfer to ISS digi my APRS packets with ACK
confirmations (valide for two way QSO), but I can see my callsign on
www.ariss.net just when there are G4IDE and SV8CS-10 (able to IGate).
On my simple page I have put image from APRS software and LOG of stations
hearded and contacted.
Thank you for all and I hope to make a QSO with Susan (she sound like).
No voice over Europe (maybe tomorrow during the Peace message by Guidoni to
the italian president).

73 de Andrea IT9GSV
http://www.qsl.net/it9gsv

look on ISS page list, thanks.

Bob WB4APR wrote:
ISS Packets:
K4HG's page at http://www.ariss.net shows the location of everyone that
gets a gridsquare or position packet digipeated via ISS (assuming an APRS
Igate heard it). Although it makes a nice pretty map, it is only the tip
of the iceberg.

To see what the person's actual packets and messages look like, first
click on a station's call from the table at the bottom.  THen when his
local maps come up, you can see his last raw packet.  Next, click on
"click here to see nearby stations". WHen that table comes up, if the MSG
column shows "**" then you can click there to see all of that station's
Message Packets that have been captured.  I'll add this note to the
ISS-FAQ page below...

Hopefully as the www.ariss.net web page matures, it will make the
access to the message packets a little more direct...

de WB4APR@amsat.org, Bob

ISS-APRS FAQ:       http://web.usna.navy.mil/~bruninga/iss-faq.html
APRSat Design       http://web.usna.navy.mil/~bruninga/pcsat.html
APRS via SATELLITES http://web.usna.navy.mil/~bruninga/astars.html