Re: [OZAPRS] ISS Alpha on packet

On Wed, Apr 25, 2001 at 08:34:12AM +1000, Norm McMillan wrote:
> G'day all,
>   heard Iss  Alpha digipeating packets from a VK2 station this morning
> local (1815Z)
> Can't seem to get my own packets through tho'.
>   Downlink is 145 .800 +/- doppler
>   Uplink is      145.990 +/- doppler
>   Px is 10 watts
>   Tiny Two TNC
> Unproto path QF27WD Via NOCALL
>
> Have I got that right???

I had the same problem. I heard VK3TI and VK3DI on the pass at about
midnight, and I could hear them both on the uplink as well, but couldn't
get it. Your frequencies and unproto path are correct.

I have to work on the tuning of my TNC (eg output levels), as it
is currently tuned for a different radio and that may be the source
of the problem.

I wish all the ISS passes weren't between midnight and 10AM!

Hamish