Re: Reliability of LNA's

on 4/24/01 10:18 AM, Douglas Braun & Nadia Papakonstantinou at
doug@dougbraun.com wrote:

> Thanks for the tip here!  In Mini-Circuits' Web site, I discovered
> that the same gallium arsenide HBT technology is available in the "ERA"
> series of MMICs.  These are plug-in replacements for the venerable MAR
> MMICS, with much better performance.  I may upgrade my 4-year-old
> DEM convertor from MAR to ERA devices.

Whoa!

The ERA series is not a plug-in replacement for the MAR series.  Trust me, I
sell these devices for a living (I didn't mention that before).  True, the
devices are very similar but some of the paramaters are different and the
bias conditions/currents may be as well.  Caveat emptor.

73,

Jon
NA(D

Jon Ogden