Re: ISS Packet Experiment

Someone wrote...

> There's just too much APRS interference on the ISS uplink....

Hummh... , I see much less APRS via ISS than other categories.
Actually, from all the packets and postings I have seen, I would say only
about 10% of the packets are "APRS"....

> ......  I heard APRS  packets on UO-14 and the ISS-Shuttle complex
> wasn't anywhere near North  America.  No wonder key boarders are having
> a difficult time getting digipeated.

Interesting.... How can all the packets successfully heard on UO-14 be
uniquely APRS, when most packets going via ISS are other types?

> The APRS packets I've monitored have all been from the same locations.
> No one is moving....

Its probably not safe to try to do an ISS pass while driving...
Is your station moving?...  Do you operate from the same location always?

> How many times does an APRS station need to tell everyone they
> havent gone anywhere...

Probably about the same number of times that someone needs to say
anything else in HAM radio.  For example, here is a copy of  packets on
the last pass reported by N1ORC to the SIG:

DATE: 04/24/01