Re: Fun on UO-14, part two

on 4/22/01 3:09 PM, Edward R. Cole at al7eb@ptialaska.net wrote:

> This was a nice 14 minute pass so had longer to goof up ;-)  But starting
> to get the hang of it.  Without having duplex I felt I did OK.  I still
> need practise in keeping on the bird.  During mid-pass it took little
> antenna movement.

Yes, it is indeed tricky figuring out how to point that antenna.  It isn't
as "light" as it looks and gets very heavy!  I realized that a lot of
practice is indeed needed.

>  Egan's strong signal was also a blessing when I would
> lose the satellite.  Not sure I'll be on the next pass as it covers only
> Alaska and NW Canada down to Vancouver.

What???  I thought the big gun, home stations running more than a pico-watt
were the pariahs of satellites!  You mean to tell me that a reliable
station, who always gets into the bird is a blessing?  Oh my gosh, what will
that do to all the theories that have been put forward?  OH NO!  WHAT WILL
WE DO????

:-)

73,

Jon