Re: YAM and other Packet modems

-----Ursprüngliche Nachricht-----
Von: "Murray Peterson VK2KGM" <vk2kgm@ihug.com.au>
An: "AMSAT-BB" <amsat-bb@AMSAT.Org>
Gesendet: Dienstag, 24. April 2001 04:57
Betreff: [amsat-bb] YAM and other Packet modems

> I was wondering if anyone has the YAM packet modem running on a computer
> with WinNT 4 as the operating system...
> I am not interested in changing my Operating System or my computer...

The software based decoders are much less expensive compared to
the TNC systems with own CPU and RS232 interface.
The price: you cannot run it with every OS and computer hardware.
It happened more than once that such software based devices became
fully obsolete because the fast 'evolution' of operating systems.

73! Ulf, DK9SJ