RE: Fun on UO-14

A few years back I was operating the June VHF contest
QRP portable from "Dolly Sods" W.V. - 2 element quad
mounted on the bed of my pickup truck. - Dolly Sods is
a 'drop off' site for wilderness backpackers and is
located on a 2500' plateau. (Nice to have your up
antenna at 2505'). Had some very strange looking folks
come out of those wood and ask among other things if I
was tracking Bears, Hot Air balloons and one question
regarding the government and moonshine. Interesting
people these wilderness backpackers!.

BTW, I won the QRP portable category for Six meters
that year.

73  Denny   WB8K

Majordomo@amsat.org