AO40rcv Win2k compatibility?

Hi.

Can anyone tell me if AO40rcv is supposed to be compatible with Win2K?

I have just had an unexpected hard reboot when running it and Hyperterminal
at the same time by accident. I tried to shut down AO40rcv to use HT to
test some commands to the radio, but just then the screen blanked and the
POST started, indicating a hard reset. There was no entry in the eventlog,
so i assume Win2k were not doing the reset as it should in case of a STOP
error.

Does AO40rcv access the serial port directly?

73 de OZ1LRG