Re: portable operating technique with Arrow

First, don't "wave the Arrow," point it.  Satellites move fast, but not
so fast.  Doppler shift is not that fast either.  The only tricky part
is remembering to shift the active channel on my TH-D7 to the downlink
when I need to change frequency due to doppler; then remembering to
switch the active channel back to the uplink before I transmit.  I
usually leave it set to the uplink channel, and try to remember to hit
the A/B button before I change frequency.

Just keep at it - after a few tries it becomes second nature.  You
rotating the arrow to account for phasing differences and moving it -
slowly - as you lose the audio becomes pretty automatic.