Re: P3T+Winsock errors

Guenter,

You probably need a hosts file in your windows folder. Check first if you
can locate a file by the name of 'Hosts.sam' . This is a sample Hosts file.
Using Notepad add the following information:

127.0.0.1               localhost
128.183.143.104 garc9.gsfc.nasa.gov    # P3T server at Goddard space center
127.0.0.1               home1                          # this is my computer
name - change to suit yours

(The third line above may not be required, you can try without)

Save the file without extension as 'Hosts'. After saving the file make sure
it is without extension, otherwise rename it, removing the file extension.

If you have a 'hosts' file in your windows directory your programs will use
that if no DNS (domain name server) is available.

Hope this helps,
Helmut, VK4STR