Re: Why Landline?

> Date: Mon, 23 Apr 2001 00:33:44 -0700
> To: "Paul" <paul@moonlink.net>
> From: Dave Guimont <dguimon1@san.rr.com>
> Subject: Re: [amsat-bb] Why Landline?
>
> >I can't help but notice the considerable amount of traffic passed on this
> >list, and began to wonder why a lot of these messages are not sent via
> >satellite.
> >
> >I have not seen many "bulletin type" or "all" messages on UO-22 or KO-25.
> >Getting into this aspect of the hobby I was anticipating much more traffic.
> >Often I have these satellites to myself when they pass, so I imagine the
> >sats could easily handle any additional traffic.
> >
> >Why landline when we have these beautiful birds?
>
> I've been wondering the same thing and I've been on the satellites for 27
> years?
> 	[...]
> I suppose someone will explain it to me...

I assume the irony of these messages being sent to an Internet mail
reflector (rather than to a satellite or packet BBS) is not lost on
most readers.

>From a slightly different perspective, I believe that what amateur
satellites, amateur digital communications, or amateur radio in general
needs in general is interesting content that is not more easily
accessible elsewhere.

-tjs