Re: Why Landline?

>.
>
>I can't help but notice the considerable amount of traffic passed on this
>list, and began to wonder why a lot of these messages are not sent via
>satellite.
>
>I have not seen many "bulletin type" or "all" messages on UO-22 or KO-25.
>Getting into this aspect of the hobby I was anticipating much more traffic.
>Often I have these satellites to myself when they pass, so I imagine the
>sats could easily handle any additional traffic.
>
>Why landline when we have these beautiful birds?
Paul,
I've been wondering the same thing and I've been on the satellites for 27
years?

Ham radio to me is communication....passing intelligence of some sort, no
matter how meager.
And I too wonder why so much of that "intelligence passing" is taking place
on this
reflector?

Seeing just my callsign, or anybody's callsign in print doesn't do a thing
for me.
Hardly more than once at any rate...

I suppose someone will explain it to me...

            73, Dave wb6llo@amsat.org
                    Disagree: I learn....