Re: Fun on UO-14

Tony Langdon wrote:
 >Ed Cole wrote:

>> watching the nut
>> standing in the snow in his yard waving a funny looking
>> antenna.  {"hey,
>> look Martha, he's tracking moose"}
> Well done! :-)  Hehe, I like the tracking moose line too. ;-)

I believe the bio people up here *are* known to track migratory animals
(including meese) who have been tagged with radio beacons.

KF4UTD says on his AO-27 website (one that really helped me get started)

   "Once your neighbors see you in the back yard waving an antenna back
and forth, they may call the police or the nearest mental institution.
If you tell them you're talking to someone on a small, quickly moving
satellite, they'll commit you immediately."

"I recommend hanging several shirts over the Arrow antenna. It then
looks like you're trying to speed up the drying of some laundry, while
talking on your cellphone. The neighbors won't blink an eye..."

                -- http://www.cstone.net/~deasy/ham/

And in our backyard we have a tripod with 20el 2m and 30el 70cm Yagis.
It's been dubbed "Spiny Norman". I may tell the neighbors it's for
casting Wiccan circles.

We just added the S-band helix...can't wait for a good AO-40 pass to try
it out. May crank it up in the morning just to see...right now S2 is off.

   73 de Maggie K3XS, who just figured out why her copy of p3dtelem
wouldn't send decoded telemetry to a network connection.