Why Landline?

Hello All,

As a newcomer to satellite operation this list has been an invaluable source
of information for me, and many folks here helped get me on the air. Thanks
to all.

I can't help but notice the considerable amount of traffic passed on this
list, and began to wonder why a lot of these messages are not sent via
satellite.

I have not seen many "bulletin type" or "all" messages on UO-22 or KO-25.
Getting into this aspect of the hobby I was anticipating much more traffic.
Often I have these satellites to myself when they pass, so I imagine the
sats could easily handle any additional traffic.

Why landline when we have these beautiful birds?

All comments welcome!

Paul Delaney
KB2SHU
Cerritos, CA