Re: Using C band polar mounts w/ ao-40

A typical home tvro dish is pretty sloppy at its design center
frequency of 4 gHz and would be even more so at the lower frequency
of 2.3 gHz.  As I recall, a good 10' solid parabolic has a 3dB
beamwidth of 3 or so degrees at 2 gHz.  Add in a little surface
roughness or some non symmetry as is so common with a home dish and
you end up with quite a fudge factor.  Bottom line here is...it just
may work pretty darn good!

td