Re: RS-15

Well this afternoon I finally heard RS15. I saw about an hour ahead of time
that there was going to be a 70+ deg pass here in Florida, so I hastily
whipped together a 10m loop to compare to my tribander and hung it from eave
to fence facing the closest approach of the satellite. I managed to hear the
beacon from about 15 deg on either side with the tribander, and slightly
worse with the loop. At closest approach a tried to hear my uplink, about
100 watts, on both CW and SSB. No luck at all there, nor did I hear anyone
else. I did record a small bit of the beacon. Looks like more gain on both
links is the answer to making this one work.

Thanks to all who wrote with their experiences on RS15.