Re: RS-15

Well this afternoon I finally heard RS15. I saw about an hour ahead of time
that there was going to be a 70+ deg pass here in Florida, so I hastily
whipped together a 10m loop to compare to my tribander and hung it from eave
to fence facing the closest approach of the satellite. I managed to hear the
beacon from about 15 deg on either side with the tribander, and slightly
worse with the loop. At closest approach a tried to hear my uplink, about
100 watts, on both CW and SSB. No luck at all there, nor did I hear anyone
else. I did record a small bit of the beacon. Looks like more gain on both
links is the answer to making this one work.

Thanks to all who wrote with their experiences on RS15.

Drew