FT-817 Question

I'm considering purchase of an FT-817 for both satellite and H.F. work.
I've noticed though, that some basic features, like CW and sideband filters
are options.  (I realize it's not a full duplex radio.)

According to QST's review, the CW filter sounds like a "must have," because
one does not get true "single signal" reception without it.  But what about
the SSB filter?  SSB is not a good QRP mode under crowded band conditions,
(And the LEO sideband satellites are not all that crowded, are they?) so it
seems like the SSB filter will not be used all that much.

Does anybody know how well the radio performs with and without the filters?

Thanks and 73,
Frank
wb2bxo@amsat.org