Re: ISS

Well, on the pass about 0100 UTC 4/21 over the east coast of the US, I
heard a QSO from the ISS on 145.830 FM.  I was tuning around the expected
frequency of 145.800, but tuned wide and heard them there.  My kids thought
that was pretty neat hearing them "live", since I had been watching them on
NASA TV for a good bit today.

Of course I could only hear one side of the conversation, and I heard both
a female and then a male voice.  They signed "This is the International
Space Station" a couple of minutes before predicted LOS (hard to keep up
with keps on this bird!).

Anyhow, the frequency seemed strange to me...

73,

Mark N8MH

At 09:04 PM 4/21/2001, Ronald A. Stunden wrote:
>Thanks guys,  Didn't think there was. I just  got home and hearing packet
>on 145.80. but don't see any birds in view here couldn't get the tnc going
>fast enough.. Cheers Ron..

Mark L. Hammond  [N8MH]