Re: Arrows and tripods???

Hi Ciemon

I have used my Arrow on a tripod several times (it comes with threaded holes
under the rubber grip.)
If you are going to track satellites with it, the main problem is the
rotation for adjustment of polarization.
A standard tripod head only tracks in two planes, horizontal (pan to
photographers) and vertical (tilt to photographers).
I tried a ball mount but could not find one that would hold the Arrow
without being tightened excessively.
I now use the tripod for fixed point to point portable work, and handheld
for Sats.

73

Peter
VA3PKH