Re: RS-15

In a message dated 4/19/01 8:18:41 PM Eastern Daylight Time, K5OE writes:

> In the past I have found it is easier to hit when moving towards you, but
> did not notice any difference this last time.

I also find it easier to hit this way. Also, I've seen the transponder do all
kinds of strange things. I've heard it toggle on/off in relation to the
beacon. I've heard no discernable downlink but a strong beacon and also the
other way around. It keeps you on your toes. Polarity switching on the uplink
makes a huge difference. For instance tonight I could barely hear my downlink
with RHCP on the uplink.

73,
Mike, N1JEZ
AMSAT #29649