C Band

Have you ever looked at how often AO-40 passes in front of your existing C
Band satellite dish?

Tomorrow, April 20, 2001, at about 1343Z to 1443Z, AO-40 will be near 210
deg in AZ and 45 deg EL, + / -
 (in NASHVILLE). (MA= 224 - 237)  I made 11 elevation measurements from 160
deg AZ to 245 deg  AZ(the limits of my dish), here in Nashville, TN.  ( EM
66).  Azimuth is difficult to measure with a compass, elevation was measured
with a one degree inclinometer (?):

160 AZ  = 46 EL
164        = 49
174        = 49
180        = 49
186        = 49
204        = 46
212(?)    = 41
215(?)    = 45
232        = 38
240        = 36
245        = 22

If time permits, I will hang "something" at the focal point of the dish,
probably a Trans System with a dipole and reflector or maybe just the dipole
reversed without the reflector.

FOR WHATEVER IT'S WORTH !!!!!
ac9r@amsat.org